We are always excited to meet new patients.
Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 30-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We may also reserve an additional hour following the exam to take diagnostic records.
These records including X-rays, photos and impressions for study models will help us develop an appropriate treatment plan. And because we value your time, we want to minimize your number of visits.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions to cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address more specific questions after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We insist that you leave the office with a clear understanding of your needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. We will also answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months
- If you have orthodontic insurance, please bring your insurance card so we can provide a quicker estimate of your costs.